This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.
1 John 5:14-15
Here are some items to be looking forward to in May!
Don’t forgot about our Core Meeting this Sunday
Our next ALBC Core Members Meeting will be this Sunday, May 5th at 2pm. We’ll be sharing updates on the business of the church and other items the elder team has been working on.
Anyone who calls Abundant Life their church home is welcome to attend. We encourage you all to grab lunch with a fellow ALBC’er before returning for the meeting. We will try to keep the meeting between 60-90 minutes in length.
May Series: Strengthening Our Study of God’s Word
The purpose of our sermon series in May is threefold:
· To inspire everyone in our congregation to engage in the abundant life that comes to us as we experience God speaking to us through His Word
· To equip each one to encounter the truth of God with skills to observe, interpret, and apply the scriptures to our personal life and service
· To promote greater joy in responding to God as we read, study, and meditate on the scriptures
In each message we encourage the speaker to include…
· Specific skills or techniques that they find useful in his own study of scripture. (Here’s how I do it)
· Where possible give the congregation a written guide or tip on how to employ them with a specific scripture as an example. (Here’s how you can do it)
· Recommend practice (personal exploration) with a specific scripture for follow through as appropriate. (Now let’s do it)
May 5 Tim Doering The Importance of the Study of God’s Word
May 12 Keith Yoder Interpreting the Word of God
May 19 Josh Parks* How to Study the Word of God
May 26 Gary Rader Engaging the Word of God for Outreach
Other May highlights include:
· A special focus on National Foster Care Month (May 5, 19, 26)
· Communion (May 12)
If you have any questions and perspectives on our May series please see Courage Dhliwayo.
Thanks for reading!
The Elder Team
Courage Dhliwayo, Matt Gahman, John LoRusso and Gary Rader
* Josh Parks is the lead pastor of Branch Life Church in Pottstown with the vision of multiplying disciples, leaders and churches by connecting people to Christ and reaching our world. Josh’s Bible teaching is engaging visually, and connects in a way that helps you know and follow God.